Service Industry. accounts for 85% of GDP of USA, average of 70% of GDP of other OCED countries. classical Agricultural, Industry, Services. another way to look at this is as follows: Extractive, Transformative, Producer , Personal, Distributive, Non-marketed. roadmaps of 13 sectors have been completed. questions focused on – state of art, drivers, long-term outlook.
1. Health Care is the second largest service sector in the world. it is over 15% of GDP in the US, average of 9% of GDP in other OCED. one of the greatest growth areas will be ICT in the health sector, especially around proactive fitness and wellness.
2. Construction Industry.
3. Technology Industry. focus is really on transitioning the machine groups to service groups.
service systems are quite complex and interdisciplinary requiring T-shaped skills
1. Business – propose (win-win), Finance, Market, Manage, plus eServices & eMarkets
2. Social-Organizational – Coordinate, motivate, govern, learn, plus eServices & eMarkets
3. technology – make, verify, deliver, operate, plus eServices & eMarkets
[notes attributed to Jim Spohrer]