A workshop and event series that encourages the investigation of new processes, materials, trends, and technologies that are expected to have an impact on the future of Arup and the greater built environment.
Arup Explores was designed to promote a culture of innovation by probing deep into emergent trends and technologies in order to assess their potential benefits and risks, and to support the development of future-proof strategies for future Arup projects.
Over the course of one day, the learning journey invites participants to explore selected Arup projects, as well as the research and experiences of external collaborators, pertaining to a particular subject. The exploration of the longer-term implications for the subject is a critical element of each workshop. This phase couples group exercises with presentations to construct a view of the future as it relates to the topic. The FRI team produces a briefing report of each Arup Explores event for participants, as well as for business leaders within Arup, as a reference to the areas of innovation, which are likely to affect the firm in the future.
Past Arup Explores events
- AI and Machine Learning / London / Amsterdam / Sydney / Hong Kong 2016
- Big Data / London / New York 2013
- Arduino / London 2012
- Collaborative Cities / New York 2012
- 3D Printing / London 2012
- Resources and Materials (ReMa) / London 2012
- Prototyping / London / Melbourne 2012
- Glass / London
- Contemporary Refurbishment / Berlin
- Smart Materials / London
- Biomimicry / London
- Office of the Future / Singapore
- Computational Optimization / London
- Emerging Tech: Solar Shading / London
- Retail / London
- Workplace Performance / London